Geonorge has a very useful symbol register - https://register.geonorge.no/symbol/files/index
There are seven symbol packs to choose from. You can download the entire pack, or individual symbols in varying formats.
For this example I am going to use SVG. Instead of downloading all the files, we can use the symbols directly from Geonorge by using a URL.\
- In QGIS, open a point dataset. Next open up layer properties of your point datasett.
- Choose the Symbology tab.
- Click Simple marker.
- Change Symbol layer type to SVG marker.
- In the text field under the symbol picker, add a URL for one of the symbols available through Geonorge
- For this example I am using the ATV symbol - the URL for this symbol is: http://register.geonorge.no/symbol/files/friluftsliv-idrett-og-beredskap/atv_positiv.svg
- Adjust the height and the width to suit you needs.
If you want to give the symbols a white background:
- Add a new symbol layer
- The symbol type should be Simple marker
- Make sure this layer is below the SVG
- Change the symbol to a square
- Make the size the same as the SVG
- Change the fill and outline colours to white
- Click OK or Apply and then OK